D’Amico Law, PC handles DUI cases in Pennsylvania for both first-time and repeat offenders. We work with you from the time you receive your charges until you complete the matter. If you are the defendant in a drunk driving accident or you were caught driving under the influence, trust our DUI defense lawyer, Anita D’Amico, to give you proper legal representation. Anita D’Amico will do everything in her power to help you keep your license and your future. Do not let a single night ruin the rest of your life. Get ahead of the situation, and start working with a DUI attorney right away. If you do not take initiative, you could be facing serious charges based on the severity of the accident, your BAC, and how many previous offenses you have incurred:
- Jail Time: several days to two years
- Fines and Penalties: $300 to $5000
- License Suspension: Up to one year
When you are arrested for driving under the influence, there are many intricate procedures that the arresting officer must follow in order for the case to hold. With years of practice in this area, Anita D’Amico, our DUI defense lawyer, knows exactly what to look for:
- The Vehicle Stop: The arresting officer must have reasonable suspicion to pull you over in the first place.
- The Arrest: There must be probable cause, such as reckless driving or the failure to pass a breathalyzer test.
- Breath Test Results: If the officer is inexperienced or the equipment is not functioning properly, this could cause incorrect test results.
- Blood Test Results: No one is perfect, and an invalid blood test could mean that the BAC level is incorrect.
- Medical Conditions: Medication or a fever could cause undesirable test results.
- DUI Checkpoint: This roadblock must be marked, and the police officer must follow proper procedures when conducting a search.